Monday, January 09, 2006

A History Of Crime Pays

I find it a bit depressing that my annual income is below what the stipend the average person in the government’s Witness Protection Program receives to live on each year. It makes you stop and wonder, what have I not been doing wrong?

Actually, I think it’s called the Witness Security Program, and there are roughly 8,000 people in the program. I grew up in a town with a population of 8,000+. I’d like to think they were all in the program. It would certainly explain a lot.

(A side note: I remember walking through Penn Station in New York in the early 90’s and seeing fliers someone had stuck up that said Sammy “The Bull” Gravano was a rat. They had drawn a rat and pasted the head of Mr. Gravano upon it. I remember thinking at the time that I was amazed someone would post something this anti-"anti-mafia", and that no one working at Penn Station was going around and pulling them down. They were up for a full day.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home